Fast transfer at the airport is cruical when you are travelling with children. Most of the time it can be quite challanging to catch your next flight with a young child. You are all exhausted, toddlers can be quite tired and you are having the last drop of your energy. Here are some tips how to survive this challange and save some time and energy.
- Some airports offer free strollers rentals for children you can borrow. Check the airport before your departure.
- If you are traveling with more than one child, twins or multiples try to plan your travel so there is as many adults as you have children and bring the umbrella strollers with you – every adult can push one stroller and gives you the possibility to run if necessary.
- Always tell the airline you are traveling with children and you will need support. Families with little children usually are allowed to priority boarding and the staff is helping you out mostly. We always had good experience with the airport staff and airplane crew members.
- Take the advantage to use the moving walkways, where possible.
- Make sure you have enough time between transfers!!!!
- For the transfer at huge airports ALWAYS use sport shoes and comfortable clothes that you can run easily if you will have to.
Some airports are so huge, you have to walk for more than 40 or even more minutes to go from one side to the other if you have that kind of transfer. And that is the timing for an adult… You know your child best and you know if you will have to carry your children or drag them or put them on your shoulders and run. Try to imagine that one adult with multiple children… PLAN your transfer, you will be thanking yourself later.
Image courtesy of Ikunl / FreeDigitalPhotos.net.