Do you sometimes feel that you are in a trap and every day is the same like yesterday?
A short getaway would do miracles to your soul and health. What are you waiting for? Just DO IT. We adults are funny, usually we find a thousand reasons why not to do something or why not to go somewhere, because it is to dangerous or too exhausting for our children… That of course is just an excuse. 🙂 We just do not want to admit it – and that includes me also :-).
If you feel you need a short getaway, here are 5 suggestions where you can go for a day trip:
- Jump on a bike – take you kids (with their own bikes or bike seats) and just go wandering around where you live. An hour ride around would be very refreshing, you will do something for your health and your kids will enjoy the action.
- Jump on roller blades – It depends how old are your children – if they are quite stable, you can go around, have fun, count the jumps one can make, count the houses you pass, find all the blue color items on the way…
- Jump in a car – check what is the longest period for traveling your child can take easily and choose a destination for a day trip according to that. You will be amazed how many things you can actually see and do in one day. Must do in a car in sing a song together with you little ones!
- Jump on a train – just jump on the first train and ride for one or two stations. That could be a lot of fun for your toddler. The intention is not to travel to another city, but just ride the train up and down, explaining you child the rail traffic, how train works, what is a conductor doing,… That will keep your child occupied for a while and you will also have the opportunity to change your everyday environment.
- Jump on a boat – if you leave by the seaside or at least so far away that the period of travel not to long for your child not to get whining, jump in a boat for a trip. Let your child count the clouds, watch the bird, listen to the sea. It will also be music to your ears. Not recommended if any of you is motion seek.And JUST GO, it is easy. It will be a blessing miracle for you and a lot of fun for your children.
Happy mom and happy dad means happy child…so do something for yourself TODAY.